Relax, you’re not alone.
Churches can be magnets for these kinds of people and behaviors. But acclaimed author and consultant Peter Steinke says there are ways churches can live into health and vitality, especially with a knowledge of Family Systems Theory.
Steinke, a student of both Edwin Friedman and Murray Bowen, has consulted with hundreds of churches in conflict and is the author of both Healthy Congregations and How Your Church Family Works. In this class we’ll learn:
- What is family systems theory and how does it relate to congregations?
- What are anxiety triggers and why are they important?
- Why leaders need to be responsive, not reactive
- What is the Well-Differentiated Self, why it’s important, and how to cultivate it
- How Churches Enable Difficult Behavior
- The 7 Marks of a Healthy System
This course is perfect for church leadership boards, adult education departments, or as a refresher for clergy and church leaders. It includes a 46-minute downloadable video teaching, Mp3 recording of the teaching, downloadable 20-page e-Book (including a transcript of the course), as well as a worksheet to accompany the video that includes questions for discussion. This is a great way to bring about greater health to a congregation through a deeper understanding of the relationships that shape us. And if you’re not completely satisfied, I’ll give you your money back.